Friday 20 June 2014

Epworth Music Day Saturday 21st June



I know most of my readers live far away from here, but I just thought I would big up a local event which is happening this Saturday (and well worth travelling to!). 
In the small market town of Epworth, North Lincolnshire there will be about 40 different groups performing in various outdoor venues all over the town from 10 in the morning through to 5 ish , with an indoor evening concert, plus day long folk sessions in two of the pubs.   
It's all free and there will be more types of music than you can shake a stick at, including choirs, medieval music groups, hand bell ringers, jazz bands, folk groups, guitarists, brass bands, groups playing songs you can sing along to, and much more.
And should it rain there will be provision for it all to be under cover!








Oh, and did I mention that I will be singing?  Not on my own, in a choir.


2 comments:

  1. How did it go?
    It is lovely that these things are organised and people put in so much effort, I hope there was a good turn out?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. There were so many different performers; in fact so many, and in different venues round the town it was impossible to see them all! And the weather was absolutely perfect!

      Delete