Sunday 25 May 2014

Holiday!


If you saw that title and started singing Madonna's 'Holiday' then you're a woman (or man) after my own heart (and now you won't get it out of your head!).

I've been on holiday for a week to Jandia in Fuerteventura.  
Lazing by the pool

 Walking along the gorgeous beach








There were some friendly ground squirrels


It would have been too hot for me but there was a lovely breeze which was very welcome.
I could never live somewhere so hot (and I'm talking about 27/30 degrees which some of you will think is just warm!), from the airport to the hotel the landscape was very barren.  These photos were from the coach



This is the welcome sight of the English countryside from the aeroplane window when we came home.

Oh how I love our lush greenery!



4 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. We've had rain, rain and more rain today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been having a fabulous time, that's so funny we are one week from winter and it's been 25-26 for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our corner of Scotland we never hit those heady temps! I do prefer the greenery to be honest, but it's nice to go off on an adventure and explore other countries. That little squirrel is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and I love your little squirrel friend.

    ReplyDelete