Sunday 11 March 2012

Boxes of delight





I can hardly contain my excitement to show you what I got at the car boot sale this morning


When the lady said I could have the whole lot for £6, I jumped at the chance.  I'd only opened one small box and had a look in the carrier bag which was full of other little bags but I knew it was too good to miss.


This is what was in the first box

Twelve boxes of colour separated buttons!


The next box contained zips......
.....hundreds of zips!




In the carrier bag were lots of bags of buttons which I've emptied out and will be sorting through later into the boxes



There were also these bobbins and sewing machine feet.  They look pretty old judging by the labels



I'm off to do some sorting out now....

17 comments:

  1. Bargain of the century! Fabulous find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing haul - enough to stock a shop?

    Sarah -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is fantastic. I am so jealous. I like nothing better than sorting through a great big pile of buttons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow indeed - you lucky thing !
    happy sorting
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a fantastic find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm green over those buttons - I can't even find a small box full!
    (Great find by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just turned green! What fun you'll have on some new projects for all those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never have too many buttons or zips. It's just wonderful to go to your little stash and find just what you need for that little or BIG project. Happy sorting!!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey LBM, fab haul, well done.........

    I've just looked in my button tin for 2 purple buttons, nu[p....none to be found.

    You're definitely not going to run out of buttons or zips for a loooong time well done.........✂

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey LBM, fab haul, well done.........

    I've just looked in my button tin for 2 purple buttons, nu[p....none to be found.

    You're definitely not going to run out of buttons or zips for a loooong time well done.........✂

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness you scored well with this haul! Have fun sorting through all those gorgeous buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealous!!!!!!
    Looking forward to seeing your buttonie creations! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely marvelous! What a wonderful collection ~ and no wonder you are excited. Kind of like winning the lottery. What fun to go through it all ~ I'm excited for you!...and by the way, I am in need of a clear glass-like button about 3/4" in diameter with four holes...do you have an extra one? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why do I never find bargains like that!!

    Lucky you..

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete