Friday 15 April 2011

One I got right

Do you ever find things springing up in the garden that you don't recognise so you leave it, in the hope that it'll turn into something interesting but after months taking up space it turns out to be a weed?  I do this quite a lot (and also the opposite when I've forgotten I've planted something the year before and mistaken it for a weed when it's re-emerging and outed it before realising).
Well I had my doubts about the plant in the middle of this photo with the largish leaves, thinking it might be some kind of burdock



Now it's grown into this, an Honesty, which I have got elsewhere in the garden but they're very weedy compared to this so I'm pretty pleased with it. 


You may notice I've been doing a bit of tidying up in this bed which when viewed from the other side is also quite colourful just now








                                                              

I've received this blog award from the lovely Claire at Sweet Birdy Love

This award is given to bring recognition and give exposure to small blogs that have followers of less than 300 in number (300! oh to reach the heady heights of 30)
If a blogger is given this award and they choose to accept it, they should then link back to the person who gave them the award, then pick three lovely blogs that they regularly read (also with followers of less than 300) to recommend to others.

The three that I choose are:

HEART SHAPED

MUD PIE

POSTCARDS FROM THE P.P.

Take a look at them, you won't be disappointed.

10 comments:

  1. I do this all the time. I once left some very pretty pale pink flowering plants in that had turned up unexpectedly - I returned from holiday to find a jungle! I love it when nature delivers you a free proper plant though. Your garden is looking very lovely. Thanks for my award - i'm chuffed! I know Kathy from "postcards" but Ive never read the other blog, so thanks for introducing me. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how pretty, i love flowers, i have lots of buds on lots of plants a the moment am just waiting for them to open, i check on them all the time still no change lol

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Little Blue Mouse! Thanks for dropping by and thank you so much for the award, I'm thrilled. Now I've met you! I know Diane, so I'll watch out to see who she passes it on to! Your garden is very pretty .... ours is rubbish at the moment. It needs a big injection of time and love!
    Love Kathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't that gorgeous? I'm such a gorm when it comes to gardening - I probably root up perfectly good plants all the time in the mistaken belief that they're weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garden looks lovely. So glad I am not the only one who looks bemused at plants wondering if I meant to have it there! Well done on your award. The heady hights of 30 indeed! LOL!. love Jacs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I just popped over from Dianes blog. I think I will be popping back often!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving (and am quite envious of) all the beautiful color in your flower garden!! I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beds are brimming with such beauty! We only have a courtyard garden so I love to see everyone's beautiful gardens they love and care for. I try to grow as many veg and flowers as I can in pots which is fun too. You will not believe how beautifully fragrant Lily of the valley is... it makes me heady with excitement! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the plant Honesty. Are they a perenial? Your primulas like bright and cheery in your lovely garden.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete