Monday, 1 November 2010

Door stops and mousey

This owl doorstop I made looks nice but is not very good at his job as he's a bit of a lightweight even though he's filled with sand!

so I had a rethink and came up with this, which is a lot better as it's got a brick in it

I'm really pleased with the cheese because I thought I didn't have anything suitable for it but then I found this spotty sample that I had in my stash which I think is great (even if I do say so myself).   The mice and the owl are all made from scraps left over from clothes I made for myself years ago.  I foolishly gave most of my left over fabrics to the local school when I was having a declutter and only kept small pieces for a patchwork I was making (but have yet to finish).

I also made another mouse which I made from a lovely little girl's dress I got from the car boot sale.
It's a lot brighter green in real life though.  

I used this tutorial to make the mice

No comments:

Post a Comment