Friday 19 November 2010

Freecycle treasure

Someone offered a bag of fabric on my local Freecycle the other day and I was lucky enough to receive it.
It turned out to be three bags of a real assortment. 


Clockwise on the left is a few yards of a silky fabric, the plain green and the green check are curtains, the reddy gold is an organza, three pieces of stripes and checks and the white is voile.


Various fake furs, fleece and felt.


Loads of tapes, braids and lace.  How tidy are they?  The lady had cut cereal boxes up into rectangles and wound the trims round then secured with a little band of card.



Small red and white hearts, lilac pompoms with a clear tube through the middle,  little tubes of glitter, bases to make self covered buttons, a fabric bow and a few hooks and eyes.



A zip, big rolls of tape, elastic and two rolls of what might be narrow fusible stuff (must check that out).


Now I've just got to think of something to make.

5 comments:

  1. What a haul and so beautifully kept. I'm thinking earmuffs with that beautiful faux fur, or at least that's what I'd attempt with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's an idea. I might give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an amazing lot of stuff! I really hope you try ear muffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you did it, clever girl! It looks good too with the little border around it.

    I must start to use freecycle again, havent looked for some time now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey great idea, I have used freecycle myself ... I think I will put in the wanted section fabrics and old t shirts for my recycled rag rugs :)
    H x

    ReplyDelete